“How to Make a Picture Book Dummy in 9 Easy Steps” helps author-illustrators create and prepare a professional sample of their illustrated children’s book to submit to agents or publishers.
Are you an artist new to the world of picture books?
Do you want to learn the tips and techniques involved in creating your own picture book dummy?
Are you unsure of where to start and what is involved?
This handy guide walks you through the process of How To Make a Picture Book Dummy, step by step, from the first draft to the submission packet.
Here’s an overview of what you’ll learn:
- What a picture book dummy is and who should create one
- How to choose a winning project and put your own spin on it
- What to keep in mind while drafting your story
- What makes a good picture book
- What kind of illustrations to present in your dummy and what to include in those illustrations
- How other published author/illustrators work from in-depth interviews
Plus each step includes links to check out and book recommendations to build your resource library.
The 9 Easy Steps:
- Pick your project
- Draft the story
- Develop the characters
- Storyboard text and art
- Create tight, full-size sketches
- Produce two spreads of final art
- Comp the cover and assemble the dummy
- Research submissions and prepare package
All this in an easy to follow 40 page How To Make a Picture Book Dummy, read-only e-book for the bargain price of $5! Get your copy today.
Print version of How To Make a Picture Book Dummy is available: Buy a 5.5″ x 8.5″ paperback booklet for $9 plus postage. US customers only.